Wednesday, August 22, 2012

LOTR Lego and more!

I have finally gotten back to getting through all this news. :-/

But I do have some exciting news! Two days ago, I got the Gandalf Arrives LEGO set! :D And, yes, it is very awesome...even though it doesn't have too many special things to do with it. If anybody would like a review of it, just let me know!!!



Lego LoTR collector’s edition ships with Elrond?


Oooh!!! I would like to grab Elrond! :D ....but I don't have a machine to play video games. :(



New Eldalamberon from Elven Linguistic Fellowship



Serkis: Freeman “unpredictable” on The Hobbit

Andy Serkis says Martin Freeman was unpredictable on the set of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Serkis insists Martin is “brilliant” at being directed, but he also enjoyed putting his own stamp on the character of Bilbo Baggins in the adventure movie.

Serkis -– who made his directorial debut as a second unit helmer in the film — said: “You just don’t know what you are going to get. Yet he’s brilliant at taking direction. There’s a rhythm that one works with Martin. He likes to try it his way and then you start saying, ‘What about this?’ When he gets it, it’s gold. And it’s so totally Bilbo.”

[More]




Fantasy Flight Games posts cardgame expansion teaser


I actually have the regular LOTR card game....but I can't figure it out, so I haven't played it yet. :( Anyone have some good instructions for this game? And, yes, I absolutely HATE reading instructions. I just like to be told how to do it as I play.







New Tolkien book focuses on Aragorn

Author Elizabeth M Stephen‘s new book focuses on Aragorn the hero-king of The Lord of the Rings, although he is one of the pivotal figures of Tolkien’s mythology, a detailed examination of this popular character has been a notable omission from the spectrum of existing study. The book is published by ADC books.

Hobbit to Hero: The Making of Tolkien’s King, is a uniquely detailed study of the character “Aragorn” unraveling his evolution from hobbit ranger to Numenorean King and exploring how this unexpected transformation enabled Tolkien to fulfill some of the profound functions of his wider mythology.

Thanks to ringerspy Liz for the heads up. For details on the official book launch and for pre-ordering read more here.










Just to let you all know, I haven't reviewed this video.


2 comments:

James The Movie Reviewer said...

Yes please review the Gandalf set! :D I love Legos and I am looking forward to getting a few of the sets. And I am going to buy the video game.

-James

Alyianna said...

Sure thing! :)