Monday, January 23, 2012

January 23 News


Happy Chinese New Year! It’s the Year of Smaug…err…the Dragon!


We’d like to wish the entire world a very happy Chinese New Year! I’m not sure if PJ and crew had it in mind…but do you think it is any coincidence ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey‘ will be released in the year of the Dragon?


P-Jack and E-Wood speak from Sundance red carpet

Film and celebrity media flock to Park City, Utah for the Sundance Film Festival so thePeter Jackson-produced West Memphis Three is grabbing a lot of media attention. Staffer Maegwen sends in two clips from E! with video of director Amy Berg, Jackson and Damien Echols, one of the West Memphis Three. They slip in some Hobbit content too. You can view it if you click here.

The next video has some Hobbit content from the first link but starts with Elijah Woodsaying that returning to New Zealand was like a family reunion in a Hobbity context. You can view that one here, with extra Sundance content after Middle-earth chat is over.


Peter Jackson brings Damien Echols from prison to Sundance, ‘West of Memphis’ points fingers



First H5 of the new year! Andy Serkis, Bob Anderson, LEGO Legolas, Sir Richard Taylor



There and Back Again



Supreme Court Rules For Copyright On Old Foreign Titles

5 comments:

James and Jacob said...

I have a question about The Lord of the Rings books. Do I need to read The Hobbit before I read the LOTR books? I wanted to watch the The Hobbit before I read books so it won't spoil anything. But will I be lost if I don't read The Hobbit first? And do you know anything about the audio books? Thanks. :)

-James

Alyianna said...

I think it woudld be better if you read The Hobbit first. Actually, if I were you I would read The Hobbit before I watched the movies. Yes, there are audio books. I can check that out for you if you like.

James and Jacob said...

Thank you for the information I appreciate. And yes, I would greatly appreciate it if you would check those out. :) And I added a link to your blog to my recent LOTR post.

-James

Alyianna said...

Here's the audio book that I listened to...really good! http://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-J-R-R-Tolkien/dp/0553471074

:O Awesome! I'll go check it out then! And thanks so much!

James and Jacob said...

Thanks for the link. :) And no problem.

-James