Monday, October 31, 2011

Things of the Day

Picture
LOTR screensavers for your computer at this link.

Video
My favourite part is when Viggo helps the orc up near the very end. :P

What Happened on This Day
On Earth
1914 - The Big Four - TolkienWisemanSmith and Gilson - plan to meet at Cambridge, and all but Tolkien come. Now under the lead of Barnsley and Barrowclough, the T.C.B.S. begins to crumble.
1931 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
1954 – "The Hero Is a Hobbit", a review by W.H. Auden of The Fellowship of the Ring, is published.
1961 - Director Peter Jackson is born in Pukerua BayNew Zealand.
1964 - The fourth episode of the Princess-serialization of The Hobbit is published.
1967 - The Road Goes Ever On is first published in the United States.
1970 - Actor Nolan North is born.
1974 - Artist Randy Gallegos is born.
2001 - Tyalië Tyelelliéva issue 17 is published.
2005 - RingCon V at SeaTac, Washington.
2010 - Mereth Aderthad XVI, or "EstelCon" of the Spanish Tolkien Society in ValenicaSpain.

In Arda
Note: Months of the Shire Calendar only have 30 days, so no events have nor will happen on the 31st.

8 comments:

Ellie said...

I love viggo! He's just so nice, and epic

Alyianna said...

I haven't seen him in other movies (not yet, at least :P), but he seems a nice guy. :)

Ellie said...

I know, neither have I, but have you heard the story about him buyin arwen's stunt double the horse?
He sounds like a really sweet guy, and he's on my list of top ten celebs to meet (two of which are Tolkien and Lewis, which aren't happening)! Ok, I'm just going to admit, I have 12 celebs I want to meet; every actor from the fellowship, Tolkien and Lewis, and taylor swift... ;)

Ttyl!

ellie;)

bluejeansandteendreams.blogspot.com

Alyianna said...

awwww no I haven't! (and I thought I knew everything - the more I know, the more I know the less I know :P)

I haven't really made out a list (yet), but I'd LOVE to meet Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood, and Taylor Swift. ;) Oh and Georgie Henley and Skandar Keynes. And Tolkien and Lewis would be too good to be true! But hey wait...there's Heaven! *dances* Oh geeze another good reason to be in Heaven. :P

Ellie said...

Ohh, you haven't?! Well, now I must tell it, it's one of my favorite stories (samwise quote)
In FOTR, arwen rides frodo to rivendell. All the riding was done by a stunt double. After all the filming Peter Jackson offered each. Of the actors the chance to buy the horse they rode on; example, viggo owns brego, Ian owns shadowfax. Liv didn't want the horse, but everyone knew the stunt double did, but couldn't afford it. She went home one day from work, and found a message from viggo on the message machine thingy. He said 'hey this is viggo, I got you your horse, I'm bringin it over on Thursday' and so she got to have the horse after all. She said she never deleted that message and listens to it frequently!
That's how I know he must be an amazing person!
Ellie
Ps, thanks for following my blog, your too kind!

bluejeansandteendreams.blogspot.com

Alyianna said...

Wow I never heard that story! That's awesome! Viggo is one of my new heroes. ;P

P.S. Oh, come on! :P *fakes a blush*

Ellie said...

haha, he's been one of mine for as long as I can remember. I think it's true of every LOTR fan there is, and we just need to embrace the fact!!!!

Alyianna said...

:P wow that was quick in answering