Monday, October 10, 2011

Things of the Day

Picture
I have decided that I can't be handing out prizes every day...so I am changing the caption contest to every month. I will put out a picture for this month soon, but here is today's picture.

A LOTR cast picture:

 See it bigger.

Video/Fanfiction

For some reason, I can't get this onto Blogger, so here is the link. One of the best scenes (sorry, wait..they are all pretty much the best)...I just don't like the beginning with the Witchking. But 1:16 has such awesome music... :P But enough rambling. Here is the video.

What Happened On This Day
On Earth
1964 - The first episode of the Princess-serialization of The Hobbit is published.

In Arda
T.A. 3018:
With Frodo severely wounded, Strider and the four hobbits travel slowly towards Rivendell.
Glorfindel travels towards the Last Bridge.
Gandalf hurries towards Rivendell after the Black Riders attacked him on Weathertop.
Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.

2 comments:

HShankland said...

I liked Peter Jackson better when he wasn't skinny... but he's still pretty darn amazing! :D

Alyianna said...

Yah I have to agree with you on that. He used to have a more hobbit-like stature.