Sunday, September 18, 2011

J.R.R. Tolkien: interesting facts!

Hey, I'm Sophia and I got invited to be an author of this blog! Yay! I thought I'd write a little about J.R.R Tolkien to get me started!
Did you know that..
-J.R.R. Tolkien was friends with C.S. Lewis and even converted him to Christianity?
-The tale of Beren and Luthien was based on his love for his wife (how sweet! That's also why their graves bear the names "Beren" and "Luthien")
-Lord of the Rings was originally supposed to be a mythology of ancient England (because England doesn't have it's own myths)
-He always thought The Simarillion was his best work!
-He fought in WWI
-J.R.R Tolkien did not like many new technologies.
-He met his wife when he was a teenager
-Tolkien was actually born in Africa
-Tolkien did NOT want people to try to find themes or satires (especially not Christian ones) in any of his writings
-The idea for the Hobbit occurred to him when he was grading tests (In fact, he wrote the idea on the back of a student's paper!).
So there you go! I hoped you enjoyed those :D

Photobucket

3 comments:

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

Hi, Sophia*Waves*
Cool post didn't know any of this.:)

Alyianna said...

Awesome post, my friend! Keep it going!

Carrots said...

Very fun! I knew a lot of this, but there was some new stuff, too! Cool. :)