Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Test-Your-Knowledge Tuesday

So far, in TYKT, my little sister has earned 7 pts, Sophia has earned 8 pts, Una has earned 9 pts, and Voronda has earned 10 pts. Will Voronda still be in the lead after this week's TYKT...or will someone else take her place?

Week 1
Week 2

Week 3
This week works pretty much the same as the other two weeks, but I'm not calling any group or question easy or hard, since I may have some hard in the quotes group, etc. I may even have some extended edition questions that I don't realize are extended edition.

Quotes
1. Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king. (Movie, not book.)
2. You will face evil, and you will defeat it.
3. ...you've never done a hard day's work.
4. They will find the Ring, and kill the one, who carries it.
5. Yet hope remains while the company is true.

Multiple Choice
1. To whom does Legolas say the Dead Men swore an oath?
a. The first King of Gondor
b. The last King of Gondor
c. The Kings of Gondor

2. When the Hobbits stand before Aragorn and Arwen, which of the four is the last to bow?
a. Merry
b. Pippin
c. Sam

3. In what order does Frodo say goodbye to his friends?
a. Merry, Pippin, Sam
b. Pippin, Merry, Sam
c. Pippin, Sam, Merry

4. At which university was J.R.R. Tolkien a professor of Anglo-Saxon when he wrote The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings?
a. Cambridge
b. Oxford
c. Harvard
d. Yale
e. Princeton

5. What is the name of the Great River, in which the One Ring slipped from the finger of Isildur?
a. Anduin
b. Angmar
c. Erebor
d. Fangorn
e. Amroth 

4 comments:

Alyianna said...

My little sister's answers:

Quotes
1. Arwen
2. Arwen
3. Merry
4. Gandalf
5. Gandalf

Multiple Choice
1. c
2. c
3. a
4. a
5. a

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

My answers.
1. Arwen
2. Arwen
3. Merry
4. Aragorn
5. Gandalf

1. A
2. B
3. A
4. E
5. A

Carrots said...

Ok, either I'm just really tired from the first day of school or some of these are really hard or I simply haven't seen LotR in far too long. I am ashamed at my incompetence, but shall give this my best shot.
Quotes
1. Arwen (VO)
2. At a guess, Gandalf
3. Pippin or Merry. Aaah! Can't remember. Ok, Merry. Final answer.
4. Saruman
5. Galadriel
Multiple Choice
1. C
2. C (These are SO HARD.)
3. B
4. B (He taught at both Cambridge and Oxford, only I'm not sure when.)
5. A (Finally one I'm certain of!)

Una Mariah said...

Quotes:
1. Arwen
2. Arwen
3. Merry
4. Saruman
5. Galadriel

Multiple choice:
1. b.
2. c.
3. a.
4. b.
5. a.