Monday, August 15, 2011

The Summer (and fall...and maybe even winter!) Read!

I know that the summer is almost over and school will be starting soon (sorry, the truth had to come out sooner or later), but I thought it would be a cool idea if several of us (wherever we may live) read together The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, and The Lord of the Rings. We could read a chapter a day and then perhaps do a little discussion by commenting on a post I would send out for each chapter. Maybe that all sounds stupid...but would any of you like to join me? Please reply soon! All members will get their name put onto a page I'm going to put up soon! As soon as we get a good enough number of members, we will start!

If you are going on vacation or something, don't worry! You don't have to be here all the time...just most of it! :D

10 comments:

Una Mariah said...

I'd love to join you, but I only own Lord of the Rings. :( Maybe I can anyway??

alaw said...

Sure thing! Maybe you could find The Silmarillion and The Hobbit at the library or in e-book form? Even an audio book would work! And maybe (if there are enough of us members) we could type or scan in some of the books. :D

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

Sounds like a great idea. I'll join. I have already read them all exept for the Silmarillion. I may skip ahead though.:)

alaw said...

Great! So what we'll probably do is read the same chapter on the same day and discuss it, etc.

Una Mariah said...

Okay! I don't know when we'll be going to the library. Need to bug my dad. The library has the Hobbit, but I don't know about the Silmarillion.

alaw said...

Okay great!

Una Mariah said...

Oh, when do we start? Would you post every day, cause my Mom says she doesn't want me glued to the computer. Next year I'm getting a laptop for high school. Can't wait.

alaw said...

I'm just trying to get maybe a few more people. I'll look how many chapters the three books have and then I'll see how often we will do this.

I have to be glued to the computer everyday because my school is on the computer. :P

Una Mariah said...

Starting in September, my algebra is online.

alaw said...

Awesome!

Does anyone else want to join us in our epic 2011 read?