Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More News


Movies.com invites a TORn staffer to share his thoughts on “The Hobbit” every other Monday.

What makes two films based on The Hobbit one of, if not the most highly anticipated film of both 2012 and 2013 and potentially one of the biggest film smashes in history?

People simply love Middle-earth. Generations of people. Many, many millions of people.

Grandparents and parents have handed it off to children and the proliferation of genre culture has only increased the audience that looks at Middle-earth and its author J.R.R. Tolkien as one of the pillars on which so much else in popular culture, definitely including movies, is built. Read the rest right here


Interestingly the ad place by 3foot7 on 12 august on NZ website trademe.co.nz originally called for elf extras:

“We are currently looking for slim men 17-30 years and between 165cm – 178 cm or 5’5” -5’8” AND slim women 17-30 years between 165cm – 173cm or 5’5” to 5’8” to play ELF extras,”

It’s now been changed and is asking for:

“We are currently looking for MEN based in the Wellington region aged 30 plus, medium – large build, 5’8″ – 6 foot (175cm – 183cm) Character faces, beards, missing teeth – all good” 

11 comments:

Una Mariah said...

Cool! Boy, I wish I could be in The Hobbit, even only as an extra...

alaw said...

I know... *sigh*

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

AWWW!! I wish I could be an elf extra!!:) I'm 5'6 so I could pass for an elf maybe, probably not:) I don't think elves have light brown skin.LOL

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

In that picture Bilbo kinda looks like Merry to me:)

alaw said...

Yah, he does kinda.

That would be so awesome! Maybe you can get your parents to agree letting you try to sign up. :P

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

I don't think my mom would let me go to New Zealand to try out. I don't know how to act anyway.LOL.

Alyianna said...

Yeah...I know my mom wouldn't. :(

Una Mariah said...

It'd be nice if the Hobbit was made when we were 16 or 18, old enough to try out.

Alyianna said...

Yah, I know!

Voronda Elda-Aranel said...

I know, after waiting ten years, from the trilogy counldn't they wait another 5 years? Hey maybe they will make the Sillmarillion into a movie. I bet we would be old enough then. HEHE. Now I'm really happy!!:)

Alyianna said...

I know...that would be awesome!